Cette page sera bientôt traduite.
- You must have successfully defended your PhD thesis in statistics, biostatistics, actuarial sciences or other relevant field by September 30, 2021. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure whether your field is relevant.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2021.
- You must not have already received a postdoctoral award (including a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship) from SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR.
- You must have completed all requirements of your doctoral degreeno more than two years before the deadline date of the year in which you apply.
Note: This is not the conferred or convocation date indicated on your transcript but, instead, the date on which all the requirements of your degree were met, including the successful defense and submission of the corrected copy of your thesis. For applicants with more than one doctoral degree, the completion date of your most recent doctoral degree will be used to determine your eligibility.
- If you have acquired at least six months of full-time relevant employment in industry or government (experience in an academic institution or its affiliated hospitals, research institutions and other laboratories will not be considered) after you received your doctorate, CANSSI will extend the eligibility period to three years.
- If you have completed a non-research based clinical residency program after you received your doctorate, CANSSI will extend the eligibility period to three years.
- If, within two years following the date of completion of your PhD, you had your career significantly interrupted due to parental, medical and/or family-related responsibilities, CANSSI will extend the eligibility period to three years.
- If, within two years before or after the date of completion of your PhD, you become the primary caregiver following the birth or adoption of a child, CANSSI will extend the eligibility period to six years.
If you are subject to an extended eligibility period, then you may be asked by CANSSI to provide additional information and/or supporting documentation. Any such submission to CANSSI will only be used by staff to assess your eligibility to the program. If you wish to inform the review committee of delays and/or circumstances that may have affected your performance and/or productivity, please add a (“Special Circumstances”) section to your application (maximum ½ page).